Sign in to follow this  
sfaxt

question about an issue with old remuxes

sfaxt

starting from last year or so, in several old remuxes i have (up to 2010)   i've started noticing some green line like artifacts, just right after seeking. 

in most cases its only for a split second except from this one where it lasts for 5-6 seconds after seeking so i managed to ss it.

https://imgur.com/a/W8hiTrJ

I see that  with mpc with updated lav filters but same with stock 2017 mpc as well. not seeing it on mpv or powerdvd.

anyhow its not a problem just asking out of curiosity,  in case we starting to hit incompatibilities over the years.

or are those remuxes somehow improper but it only shows on mpc?

its also strange i only see it on old remuxes not rips

heres a sample.

https://mega.nz/#!g0YjQAgJ!EpV6e6fe26PBgEx_bx-NuS-emlUXi4ntOfCKjMnYlbI

Edited by sfaxt

Ka44tsUU

It's no worry, remuxes are encoded with such a high bitrate sans optimisation, that certain players will either artifact heavily or slightly when seeking in an attempt to buffer the media, and is why you rarely see it happen with encodes or rips. It's most predominant in bd-raws with m2ts videos. It's not the most scientific answer but you don't have to worry unless it artifacts while playing normally lol.

• Like 1

sfaxt
2 hours ago, Ka44tsUU said:

It's no worry, remuxes are encoded with such a high bitrate sans optimisation, that certain players will either artifact heavily or slightly when seeking in an attempt to buffer the media, and is why you rarely see it happen with encodes or rips. It's most predominant in bd-raws with m2ts videos. It's not the most scientific answer but you don't have to worry unless it artifacts while playing normally lol.

well thats a plausible explanation thanks XD

its probably something that got better over the years as more recent remuxes, even 4k ones play without hiccup.

or codecs that broke something over the years because i dont remember having such issues 4-5 years ago.

Edited by sfaxt
  • Like 1