Groovy Jay

Has your AOTY aired if not what show are you waiting for?

Groovy Jay

Personally, there hasn't been a show that I would put #1 so far. Closest would be Kaguya, but I felt like there were some stuff missing from being absolutely my favorite. Another one would Shield Hero but I'm waiting til it is over to make my final decision. If anything I'm looking forward for Vinland Saga. I've heard many good things from it and it look pretty good from the trailers. So yea, everything I've seen so far has been solid and I cant wait what this year has in store for anime. Looking good as of now.

Vanitas
Posted (edited)

I'm really excited for Fire Force. The manga starts off pretty generic but then gets really good later on, which the anime will cover 

Edited by Vanitas

SpoonyBard
Posted (edited)

Well the only big shows (that have me anticipating their airing) left to air this year that are confirmed thus far (could always be some surprises that pop-up) for me are:

• DanMachi S2
  • My Hero Academia S4
  • Psycho-Pass S3
  • Vinland Saga

The only other contenders that have either finished airing or still currently airing at the moment for me would be:

• Attack on Titan S3P2
  • Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
  • The Promised Land

So not really sure yet which is my AotY... I probably won't be able to say until I've seen everything I've mentioned to completion.

It says quite a lot that nearly everything is simply a new season of existing shows. If I were to eliminate any non-first season shows, my AotY pick would come down between 3 possible shows. Two of which I haven't seen any episodes of yet... so I could end up drastically disappointed with them before the year is out.

Edited by SpoonyBard

Solaufein
Posted (edited)

I haven't finished anything yet that I would consider AOTY for 2019. But possible contenders that I'm watching now:

• The Promised Neverland (6/12) - I get Made in Abyss vibes from this, and that was my AOTY from whatever year that was.
  • Attack on Titan S3 pt2 (4/10) - I love AoT, always up for more of it. Enjoying this season very much so far.
  • Carole & Tuesday (6/24) - A 2-cour anime original sci-fi/drama/romance from Shinichiro Watanabe and Bones with great music. What more could you ask for?

Honorable Mention:

• Kaguya-sama: Love is War (12/12) - This was hilarious, but I doubt I'll remember anything about it by this time next year.
    • Fruits Basket (7/??) - This is a highly enjoyable shoujo but it's mostly lighthearted fluff so far. I've never seen the original so I don't know if it gets deeper or not. It seems like it's trending that way. We shall see.

Anticipated/Plan-to-Watch:

• The Rising of the Shield Hero - I keep waiting for someone to do decent subs for this.
    • Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - I've heard good things, and it's ufotable. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    • DanMachi S2 - Never expected this to get another season, but should be fun. Not likely to be AOTY though.
    • Teasing Master Takagi-san - More fluff. Probably not AOTY but enjoyable nonetheless.
    • A Certain Scientific Accelerator - I don't have high hopes for this after Index S3 but I'm sure I'll watch it anyway.
    • My Hero Academia S4 - More MHA is always good.
    • Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of the Underworld - Part 1 was the most interesting SAO since the first arc. Looking forward to more.
    • Psycho-Pass S3 - No idea what to expect, but I'll be watching for sure.
    • Chihayafuru S3 - Loved S1 and S2, and the plot is very much unfinished. Definitely looking forward to this.
    Edited by Solaufein

PizzaCat
    2 hours ago, Vanitas said:

I'm really excited for Fire Force. The manga starts off pretty generic but then gets really good later on, which the anime will cover 

I had forgotten about this one, but I want to see it when it airs. 

gsk_
    On 5/21/2019 at 7:22 PM, Solaufein said:

I keep waiting for someone to do decent subs for this

You may have to stick with CR since kaleido subs dropped it because of issues with their staff.