ericlanser

Anime seems like the only thing that makes me cry.

ericlanser
Posted (edited)

So long story short, I've been getting back into anime and watched the entirety of K-On over a couple nights because I play instruments and thought it would be dumb fun. I'm not going to spoil anything if anyone hasn't seen it (I'm late to the party). But at the end, despite not feeling any kind of connection to these characters or their story outside of playing music too, I started crying. This is like the third anime I've watched that has managed to make me shed tears.
IRL I've been to funerals in the double digits and I sat with my step father as he choked to death from the final stages of cancer, and not a single tear. But this media somehow keeps bringing me to tears. I feel like my sense of empathy is broken.Akinatorhttps://xender.vip/ https://testmyspeed.onl/

Edited by ericlanser

CodyGreen

Interesting, I wouldn't say your sense of empathy is broken since you can actually cry. Maybe it's the situation? 

Tear jerking anime (or media in general) has made me cry in the past. But I can't remember the last time I cried at a funeral either. Usually I watch anime alone though and at funerals I'm with other people.

It could either be that you've built yourself to not show much emotion around others or just that death doesn't affect you it generally does other people. 

Either way, you're probably fine.

ani-me

I think I agree with CodyGreen.

Crying at anime is perfectly ok. The last I was at a funeral was when I was a kid, so I can not say much, but I guess it is okay, specially depending on who's funeral it was and how you perceive death. Also, the factor mentioned above, about you being among people during funeral. It usually is, at least for me, always easier to cry when alone, and somehow I cry very easily at media too.

btw, on a side note, I was wondering about those links at the end of your message!?

On 5/1/2019 at 4:40 PM, ericlanser said:

animepwns

I'm the same, so I don't think it´s anything weird.
...Hughes in FMA. I'm not gonna lie, I did shed a tear or two.

ani-me
1 hour ago, animepwns said:

I'm the same, so I don't think it´s anything weird.
...Hughes in FMA. I'm not gonna lie, I did shed a tear or two.

Spoiler

Mustang: ...It's a terrible day for rain.
Hawkeye: What do you mean? It's not raining.
Mustang: Yes... It is.

• Sad 1

Kinesty

I have cried at multiple Ghibli movies including Grave of The Fireflies and Only Yesterday.