Cryptic

MegaKeep v1.1 - Mega.nz Login Automation

Cryptic
Posted (edited)

mega.png

MegaKeep v1.1

iQ4rERi.png

What is MegaKeep?

MegaKeep (MK for short) will allow you to login to your numerous mega accounts to avoid deletion due to inactivity.

For those that aren't aware, mega will send you an email stating they miss you after around a year of inactivity. About two months later, they'll send you another email stating your mega account is inactive. They don't say how long you have until your files are removed, however it seems to be about a month. Running this program should negate this process.

Requirements

You must have MEGAcmd running on your machine.

Instructions
Create a text file (.txt) of all your mega accounts and passwords in a user:pass format with one account per line.

Then locate that file and run the program.

FAQ

Q: Is it safe?

A: Yes. It's open source, thrown together in C# in a couple hours.

Q: Why was this done in C#?

A: Because it's the easiest for me. Hell if I feel like figuring out batch scripts.

Q: Are you 100% sure this works?

A: It appears to. What you're looking at is a bunch of reminder emails that were sent within minutes of each other. This is because I ran all these accounts through this program and then waited to get these emails. Previously, I've never gotten these emails so close together. But then again, it is possible they changed the way their systems work. So this isn't 100% guaranteed, but it does seem to.

Q: Are there any more features planned?

A: Yes. I'd like to save some kind of file that tracks when the last login was for each account. Finish notifications are also planned. Who knows if I'll ever get to this though.

Download

Grab it on github. Download the source and build it or download a pre-compiled version under releases. It's also being built on AppVeyor.

Edited by Cryptic
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

ani-me
Posted (edited)

this seems awesome.....

I can already think of so many ways to enhance it's features...

Will download and test it out once I have a little more free time... 😞 

thanks a lot..

Update:

Well, I was reading on MEGAcmd just a few days ago...it's really powerful..

Edited by ani-me

can someone eli5 how run program from gifhub?

Solaufein
56 minutes ago, www said:

can someone eli5 how run program from gifhub?

If you're on Windows, go to the Releases tab and download MegaKeep.exe under the newest release heading (v1.1 at the time of this post).

• Like 1

Cryptic

goBAILH.png

so good news. it looks like this works

SpoonyBard
23 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

goBAILH.png

so good news. it looks like this works

Is that a joke?

Cryptic
Just now, SpoonyBard said:

Is that a joke?

no. why would it be

SpoonyBard
6 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

no. why would it be

I thought it was cause you said it works, but then showcases a screenshot that shows you were still getting emails about not logging in.

Cryptic
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SpoonyBard said:

I thought it was cause you said it works, but then showcases a screenshot that shows you were still getting emails about not logging in.

that's the point. it does work since I'm getting the email reminders all at once. this is because I ran those accounts through this program all at once. then I purposely stopped running them through so this would happen lol

Edited by Cryptic

SpoonyBard
1 minute ago, Cryptic said:

that's the point. it does work because I'm getting the email reminders all at once because I ran those accounts through this program all at once. I purposely stopped running them through so this would happen lol

I get the emails all at once as well though without having logged into most of them in over a year. I just setup a filter on my email account that auto-deletes them because I got tired of my phone pinging 50+ times every month when they resend the same email.

Cryptic
1 minute ago, SpoonyBard said:

I get the emails all at once as well though without having logged into most of them in over a year. I just setup a filter on my email account that auto-deletes them because I got tired of my phone pinging 50+ times every month when they resend the same email.

I never got them within minutes apart from each other. I included the timestamps to display this

they're also sending them more often than once a year now. it's about every few months

SpoonyBard
Just now, Cryptic said:

I never got them within minutes apart from each other. I included the timestamps to display this

they're also sending them more often than once a year now. it's about every few months

I get them every month, all of within a few moments. It was really getting annoying.

But shoot if this works, I'll bite. Thanks.

Just wondering if MEGA really did delete anything or not, but I can't be assed to check in on 6 dozen accounts.

Solaufein

I'm just dreading that someday they'll get around to making good on this threat:

jEJ5Dj7.png

But I started getting those emails over a year ago and so far nothing has been deleted.

Cryptic
25 minutes ago, SpoonyBard said:

I get them every month, all of within a few moments. It was really getting annoying.

But shoot if this works, I'll bite. Thanks.

Just wondering if MEGA really did delete anything or not, but I can't be assed to check in on 6 dozen accounts.

well this isn't a 100% guarantee. I've never gotten them so close together before, but it's possible they changed the system

if I can remember, I'll try to run this like once a month to see if I ever get one of these emails again

22 minutes ago, Solaufein said:

I'm just dreading that someday they'll get around to making good on this threat:

jEJ5Dj7.png

But I started getting those emails over a year ago and so far nothing has been deleted.

yeah I've gotten that as well. too bad there's no way to bypass it if they do get around to deleting those files

Edited by Cryptic

ani-me
On 10/10/2019 at 5:02 AM, Cryptic said:

that's the point. it does work since I'm getting the email reminders all at once. this is because I ran those accounts through this program all at once. then I purposely stopped running them through so this would happen lol

lol..you should have explained that first. I too was super confused.

On 10/10/2019 at 5:12 AM, Solaufein said:

jEJ5Dj7.png

On 10/10/2019 at 5:34 AM, Cryptic said:

yeah I've gotten that as well. too bad there's no way to bypass it if they do get around to deleting those files

I agree. There would be no way to bypass this.

But, how will they decide which files to delete? I just hope this doesn't happen. Or I won't know where to upload any longer.

Edited by ani-me