Cryptic

MegaKeep v2.1 - Mega.nz Login Automation

Cryptic
11 hours ago, ani-me said:

Does it start the MEGA CMD server automatically, or should I run MEGA CMD before running this.

no you have to run it before starting

11 hours ago, ani-me said:

Also, the day I tried it, I noticed the whole day I was getting cmd prompts at random interval. Could it be that it doesn't shut the MEGACMD server after it finishes?

yeah that's a very annoying part of megacmd. what I do is uninstall it after each use since I only run this once a month

ani-me
On 11/30/2019 at 9:53 PM, Cryptic said:

no you have to run it before starting

k.

On 11/30/2019 at 9:53 PM, Cryptic said:

yeah that's a very annoying part of megacmd. what I do is uninstall it after each use since I only run this once a month

Are you sure it is a MEGA CMD thing? I couldn't find anything on the net regarding this behavior. Also, iirc, I did run just MEGA CMD without running this app, and nothing strange happened in that boot.

Just to be sure, I'll it again, run only MEGA CMD, and not this, and check if I still see those random CMD prompts.

ani-me

Hey, I noticed something very strange just now.

I ran MEGA CMD, and the MegaKeeper.exe file was accessed and detected by my anti-virus. This is very strange, as the CMD should have not tried to access your app.

Cryptic
On 12/2/2019 at 12:30 AM, ani-me said:

Are you sure it is a MEGA CMD thing? I couldn't find anything on the net regarding this behavior.

yes. once I uninstalled megacmd the command prompt stopped popping up randomly

On 12/2/2019 at 12:36 AM, ani-me said:

Hey, I noticed something very strange just now.

I ran MEGA CMD, and the MegaKeeper.exe file was accessed and detected by my anti-virus. This is very strange, as the CMD should have not tried to access your app.

don't know what to say there. are you sure it's not just your anti-virus detecting my app? there's a couple false positives now it seems

ani-me
On 12/3/2019 at 8:59 PM, Cryptic said:

yes. once I uninstalled megacmd the command prompt stopped popping up randomly

Maybe. I my testing simply running MEGA CMD directly causes no issue. But also those prompts were definitely MEGA CMD prompt.

On 12/3/2019 at 8:59 PM, Cryptic said:

don't know what to say there. are you sure it's not just your anti-virus detecting my app? there's a couple false positives now it seems

No, I am saying that the MEGA CMD was trying to access your application, not the other way round. Which is why it is weird.

I was only running MEGA CMD for testing the prompt issue, not your application, yet your application exe was being accessed by MEGA CMD

Anyway way, since these are very petty issues, and something I would have to deal with only once every few months, they aren't really that annoying. I just wanted to let you know.

And, thanks again for this application. Make life so much easier.

Lucas

Hey Cryptic,

Did MEGA change something? It seems when I test my accounts after the 7th account it starts to say wrong/invalid. 

I have over 200 accounts.

So it's like MEGA blocks after so many logins with MEGAcmd? Can someone confirm if they have the same issue as me.

When I change my IP it starts to work again.. so maybe they added an IP block for X amount of minutes?

Edited by Lucas

Cryptic
On 12/29/2019 at 5:24 PM, Lucas said:

Hey Cryptic,

Did MEGA change something? It seems when I test my accounts after the 7th account it starts to say wrong/invalid. 

I have over 200 accounts.

So it's like MEGA blocks after so many logins with MEGAcmd? Can someone confirm if they have the same issue as me.

When I change my IP it starts to work again.. so maybe they added an IP block for X amount of minutes?

sorry for the late response, totally missed this

I haven't run into this issue, but I've only logging in with about 30 accounts. still, it shouldn't be happening on the 7th account...

Cryptic

v2.1 is out - just a few small things

• Added cli option (thanks CrazyOldWizard)
  • Added a check for colin's in the input text file (thanks jogerj)
  • Fixed a check when there was an error logging in (mega changed the wording)
  • Updated to .net framework 4.7.2 (now using VS2019)
  • Cleaned code
  • Like 1

Spoony

Unfortunately mega doesn't seem to care anymore about whether you actively login to the accounts or not. They don't even care if you hit their file size limit or not either.

Despite actively keeping them all logged in from time to time as well as ensuring none of them had too much files on them... About a month ago I got mass emails for the majority of my 50+ accounts I have that basically said "pay for subscription or be terminated"... and sure enough 30 days later they terminated the majority of my accounts. So they're clearly deciding to randomly terminate free accounts in order to force people into paying money.

Edited by Spoony

Cryptic
On 1/19/2021 at 9:34 PM, Spoony said:

Unfortunately mega doesn't seem to care anymore about whether you actively login to the accounts or not. They don't even care if you hit their file size limit or not either.

Despite actively keeping them all logged in from time to time as well as ensuring none of them had too much files on them... About a month ago I got mass emails for the majority of my 50+ accounts I have that basically said "pay for subscription or be terminated"... and sure enough 30 days later they terminated the majority of my accounts. So they're clearly deciding to randomly terminate free accounts in order to force people into paying money.

my only accounts that got files deleted were those over quota so far, and that was just a few

Spoony
7 hours ago, Cryptic said:

my only accounts that got files deleted were those over quota so far, and that was just a few

I wish that was the case for me...