Rubin

The Rising of the Shield Hero

Shield Hero  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the first 6 eps have been released in Eng dub is it your AOTS?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Rubin

I've been watching this and so far I think it's the best offering this season.
The story-line is headed the direction I figured it would even though it's only at ep 5 of 25.
I've anxiously been waiting for Funi to get the dubs out but it seems like they keep delaying it.
I'll probably be making dual audio releases as soon as the en dubs come out.

Edited by Rubin
  • Like 3

KiyoshiStar

Haven't had the chance to check it out since I'm waiting for Dub. Not minding the wait since got other things to watch. I'll only watch sub if there's no planned dub or if I started the series subbed.

I remember a friend mentioning some music in Ep.03 or something, so hypothesized that the  delays could be due to music licensing.

If that's all it is, really sucks... hopefully they get through the hurdle sooner than later. Also would be nice to release like 2-3 episodes at once and then do 1 a week.

Like how they seem to be handling Meiji Tokyo Renka at the moment. 2 were the other day, 2 more next week, and then I assume it's 1 a week.

dnautics

My AoTS. I'm also glad we are getting a full 25 episodes. I haven't read the light novel so its all completely new to me. Firo and Raphtalia must be protected at all costs!

• Like 1

SpoonyBard

Haven't started it due to Crunchyrolls fiasco with the dub announcement and failing to deliver.

FrostyFlame

I'm still waiting for dub so haven't decided if it's my AOTS or not.

I just hope all the issues regarding the dub are resolved and it is released soon.

Rubin

@frostyflame I'm a en dub fan myself, but unless it's a same day airing I usually watch the first ep or 2 in subs to see if I will like the show.
Usually I read the synopsis first and that weeds out the crap I have no interest in and I have to say that this season isn't offering many new shows I have an interest in.

Edited by Rubin

LastReaction

It's pretty good, IDK if its AOTS yet though. Kaguya-sama, Boogiepop & Yakusoku no Neverland are all pretty close contenders for me so far. Other than that, this season is pretty dry.

gsk_

Looks like everyone is like me waiting for dub:classic_ninja: I had an eye on this before even show started and was thrilled to know that it will be simuldub but CR has disappointed me. It has been a month since the delay and still no news of it. This will certainly be a blow to CR. Atleast they should give some kind announcement about the delay.

On 2/9/2019 at 1:42 AM, KiyoshiStar said:

remember a friend mentioning some music in Ep.03 or something, so hypothesized that the  delays could be due to music licensing

Nah I don't think so, I mean it would be a really foolish reason if thats true. I heard dialogues had some kinda racism so dub dialogues are being modified, which I read it on reddit. Is it worth believing? Your guess is good as mine:classic_blink:

Enough derailing I think this season is pretty good to me, unlike the previous season except for bunny girl, I didn't found anything worthy of even watching (I don't even want to talk about Goblin slayer) This season has the shows like mob psycho2, kaguya sama, promised never land, dororo, may be shield hero. They all are really good. Dororo is really good I recommend it everyone here. But Kaguya sama is also very good. It really is a tough decision for me to say AoTS this season I would go for Kaguya sama, bcz this show has attracted me more than other shows.

FrostyFlame

@Rubin I like to watch dubs if available. I generally don't watch many airing anime but if i watch any and dub of that anime is planned i only start it when dub airs. Yakusoku no Neverland is really good this season and in case of dubs i was only looking forward to Shield Hero. I was also planning to watch Boogiepop but stalled it for now because i haven't watched Boogiepop(2000) yet.

Rubin are you watching any other dubs this season ? If so, which are the good ones ?

animepwns
13 hours ago, gskumar said:

I heard dialogues had some kinda racism so dub dialogues are being modified, which I read it on reddit. Is it worth believing? Your guess is good as mine:classic_blink:

There is a form of "racism" or hate in the show, but it's against the "demi-humans" and not really comparable to real life. Not unexpected when they're in a country that hates Demi-humans and treats them as slaves. Any and all hate in this show is really mild in my opinion, and it's over very fast.
If they truly decide to censor something this mild, then I'd be really disappointed.. yet not surprised.

• Like 2

Rubin
17 minutes ago, animepwns said:

There is a form of "racism" or hate in the show, but it's against the "demi-humans" and not really comparable to real life. Not unexpected when they're in a country that hates Demi-humans and treats them as slaves. Any and all hate in this show is really mild in my opinion, and it's over very fast.
If they truly decide to censor something this mild, then I'd be really disappointed.. yet not surprised.

Heck, if that's what it's really about they must be going down that nasty PC road.
There are plenty of other anime that has so called 'racism' in it and it's usually from both groups of 'foes'.
I recall some SJW groups complaining about the false rape accusation (all men are rapists) and even some complaints about the 'slavery' aspect.
So, I really have no idea what the delay is and take the 'speculations' with a grain of salt.

4 hours ago, frostyflame said:

Rubin are you watching any other dubs this season ? If so, which are the good ones ?

I'll get back to you on that once I sort my list for this season and stuff I'm continuing on with from last season.
The list will be very short because I'm an old fart that is opinionated and mainly likes action type shows and not slice of life, school, sports, band, rom-com type stuff.
I lived through that decades ago and feel no desire to revisit those type of situations.

• Like 2

animepwns
3 minutes ago, Rubin said:

I recall some SJW groups complaining about the false rape accusation (all men are rapists) and even some complaints about the 'slavery' aspect.
So, I really have no idea what the delay is and take the 'speculations' with a grain of salt.

Indeed. The feminist narrative has been that all men are toxic rapists.
Then this show comes along, which shows the perspective of a man facing false rape accusations and how it destroys his reputation and life.
Obviously they can't let this slide.

And if they complain about Rapthalia and Filo being the MCs slaves, then they haven't watched the show or read the novel.
They might be one in name, but not more than that. It's a better love story than twilight.
Also, Filo really needed it. She's a really annoying little bird in the beginning... (Has the anime reached the Filo part yet? I hope I'm not spoiling anything)

• Like 1

SpoonyBard

SJWs attack at least one show every season.

Last season they went after Goblin Slayer for things that only existed within one episode.

• Like 2

gsk_

I don't know why people tend to react to the slavery being in a show where slavery doesn't even exist. I mean it is just a show which has nothing to do with reality. I believe show are meant to be watched and enjoy yourself not to compare it with culture and history bcz it was not intended to do so. 

I will say a intersting story about how people take racism so seriously which is almost sickening, One company just started a business of popcorn and made a logo with all the corn making popcorn in factory kind of atmosphere but in that only one kernel was brownish, so people sued that it promotes racism. Artist was sent to prison for promoting racism. I don't know if artist ever had any intention of doing that but I found that story ridiculous.  

Now I feel bad bcz of my comment started this conversation. I apologise for it. 

Back to topic again @Subtle.Edge@frostyflame you directed that question to rubin but I suggest you watch My room mate is a cat. It is simuldub with SOL genere. It is okaish, you can't expect great from SOL, so if SOL is your cup of tea try it.

Edited by gskumar

SpoonyBard
10 minutes ago, gskumar said:

Back to topic again @Subtle.Edge I know you directed that question to rubin but I suggest you watch My room mate is a cat. It is simuldub with SOL genere. It is okaish, you can't expect great from SOL, so if SOL is your cup of tea try it.

Maybe you meant someone else. I didn't ask any question.

gsk_
1 hour ago, Subtle.Edge said:

Maybe you meant someone else. I didn't ask any question.

Sorry about this. It's difficult to work with phone and just woke up at that time. Corrected it.

FrostyFlame
17 hours ago, Rubin said:

I'll get back to you on that once I sort my list for this season and stuff I'm continuing on with from last season.
The list will be very short because I'm an old fart that is opinionated and mainly likes action type shows and not slice of life, school, sports, band, rom-com type stuff.

No problem, inform me once you are done. I still got many anime that i need to watch so i will wait for your suggestions. I watch all kind of anime, genre doesn't matter much as long as it has good story. Previous season was good one, i watched many anime that aired and continuing on with slime, index and radiant.

13 hours ago, gskumar said:

Back to topic again @frostyflame you directed that question to rubin but I suggest you watch My room mate is a cat. It is simuldub with SOL genere. It is okaish, you can't expect great from SOL, so if SOL is your cup of tea try it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not opposed to SOL and haven't watched many SOL shows but last one that i saw was good, so i will definitely watch My room mate is a cat. Maybe this will encourage me to watch more SOL shows.

• Like 1

Rubin

@frostyflame this is a list hastily thrown together and may not be complete. It is what I am currently watching as they come out.

New this season:
The Promised Neverland (subbed)
Boogiepop and others (encoding)
Girly Air Force (subbed)
Shield Hero (subbed) until the dub comes out and I plan to encode.
Dororo (subbed)

Cartoon:
gen:LOCK

Continued from previous season/s:
Star Blazers 2202
Radiant
Black Clover
Reincarnated as a Slime (encoding)
Karakuri Circus (subbed)

EDIT: I didn't include the shows I dropped.

Edited by Rubin
  • Thanks 1

Golumpa

I wish CR would hurry up, there is a reason why funimation are better at dubs then them. If it takes too much longer I'm just gonna suck it up and watch it subbed. 

gsk_
1 hour ago, Golumpa said:

I wish CR would hurry up, there is a reason why funimation are better at dubs then them. If it takes too much longer I'm just gonna suck it up and watch it subbed. 

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I don't know how long is long for you but one month and a week is long enough for anyone(at least for me). Even I don't see any point in waiting any longer especially for airing shows with no definite time, if there was a definite time then I would wait for a month or so.    

eg4abt

I like this show more with each new episode.

• Like 1

Golumpa

Well CR finally got its dubs out, and it'll be a same day simul from now on too 😄😄😄

• Like 1

gsk_

Started watching this completed 3 ep but I have a doubt. How did Rapthalia transformed from loli to babe in few days?

Rubin
1 hour ago, gskumar said:

Started watching this completed 3 ep but I have a doubt. How did Rapthalia transformed from loli to babe in few days?

I could tell you except [spoilers]   :classic_tongue:

gsk_
5 minutes ago, Rubin said:

I could tell you except [spoilers]   :classic_tongue:

Just completed watching it. They explained in the 4th episode though. Well it was good at least different from general isekai crap where mc is doped with drugs. Dub were also good, no issues here. Some are not happy with opening being dubbed but I did like it in English though lyrics were difficult to grasp(Most of the Eminem songs also doesn't:classic_tongue:)