Rubin

The Rising of the Shield Hero

Shield Hero  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the first 6 eps have been released in Eng dub is it your AOTS?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

home3000

Thank you very much.

• Confused 1

Audie

Definitely one of my favorite shows this season so far. Although now that the dub is out and it's airing the same day as subbed, I can't decide if I want to switch now or just re-watch it dubbed after the series finishes airing. 🤔

gsk_

Is it me or this show going down lately

Koneko_Rem

It's probably just you, because its a great show.

Crow

I think the evil alchemist was a previous shield hero and that has something to do with the 3 hero's church.

Faronil

Kinda disappointing... started out great (just like Goblin Slayer) with a really dark undertone to it but kinda lost that vibe again(just like Goblin Slayer)... although still a good show imo. Final episodes probably just going to be very slow and boring...like that slime show with the name that's way too long.

Beave

So far on the Sub side near the end of the season is doing well.

SpoonyBard

To me it's gotten better as it's went on, but the whole framing the shield ploy for everything got old a long time ago. Ready to move past that and actually have the "heroes" stop doubting, fighting, and bickering over everything.

gsk_
8 hours ago, Faronil said:

Kinda disappointing... started out great (just like Goblin Slayer) with a really dark undertone to it but kinda lost that vibe again(just like Goblin Slayer)... although still a good show imo. Final episodes probably just going to be very slow and boring...like that slime show with the name that's way too long.

You just can't expect anything good from isekai now a days. Ironically this is AoTS *sighs* 

SpoonyBard
1 hour ago, gskumar said:

You just can't expect anything good from isekai now a days. Ironically this is AoTS *sighs* 

Yeah won over at Kametsu's poll too oddly enough for last season, though I personally thought Neverland was the better show.

Faronil
7 hours ago, SpoonyBard said:

To me it's gotten better as it's went on, but the whole framing the shield ploy for everything got old a long time ago. Ready to move past that and actually have the "heroes" stop doubting, fighting, and bickering over everything.

I know what you mean but I just meant the overall vibe. I actually agree that the show has gotten better again towards the end. I just kinda miss shows that don't seem to force happy endings or just have evil/anti-hero protagonists.

Cyber Icarus
Posted (edited)

This show turned into another generic fantasy isekai with stupid characters and a contrived story. Mob 2, Neverland and Kaguya are better shows from the winter season imo

Edited by Cyborg_Icarus29
  • Like 1

gsk_
6 hours ago, SpoonyBard said:

Yeah won over at Kametsu's poll too oddly enough for last season, though I personally thought Neverland was the better show.

Yeah but for me it was Kaguya. I know most may not see as AoTS which I understand bcz it lacks a story. On other hand you have promised never land which excel in all aspects best story, great animations (the 3d panning/zooming they added the right amount of tension) studio exceptionally handled the story material.

Cyber Icarus
On 6/22/2019 at 6:11 PM, gskumar said:

Yeah but for me it was Kaguya. I know most may not see as AoTS which I understand bcz it lacks a story. On other hand you have promised never land which excel in all aspects best story, great animations (the 3d panning/zooming they added the right amount of tension) studio exceptionally handled the story material.

Mob is my personal favorite. The animation is amazing and the writing is very charming.

Bardlett
On 2/17/2019 at 8:24 PM, SpoonyBard said:

Maybe SJWs foaming at the mouth makes a show more enjoyable, but some of my favorites this past year have been the ones they keep attacking.

I would never have been introduced to this wonderful show had the SJWs not made a fuss and brought it to the public's attention.

bobb789246

Ya Mob had great animation.

Akatsuki

Really enjoyed this the season of shield hero. The new take of the being sent to another world trope was nice. I am reading the light novels in anticipation of S2.