PizzaCat

Nintendo Switch Lite

PizzaCat

Nintendo Switch Lite announced, handheld mode only, $199.99.  To come in Grey, Turquoise, and Yellow. There will be a special edition Pokemon Sword and Shield version releasing November 8th. 

spacer.png

Here is a comparison of the Switch versus the Switch Lite: https://www.nintendo.com/switch/compare/

D_HiaggXsAAuijY.jpg

• Confused 1

PizzaCat

A nice idea. I would have loved if they had somehow included 3DS game compatibility as this pretty much shows they are killing off the system. Showing how much smaller in comparison to the Switch would have been nice too - as well as stating battery life. *sigh* Make me look this stuff up from other nerd sites myself. How dare they. (I posted it above)

‪I mean I get it, why it’s not 3DS compatible. But when Animal Crossing and Zelda releases I’m going to want to play them on the go with my older versions too, and not want to pack up two systems in my bag and amiibo cards. I just enjoy backwards compatibility in game systems

SpoonyBard

Seems nice, but should've been like $150 tops imo.

Being priced at only around $50 less than you can find regular Switches for at select places makes it seem worthless to buy what is essentially just a Switch limited to hand-held mode only. I feel like it's definitely worth it to toss another $50 at it to get dock mode.

I suppose it's more for rich people who already have the Switch to have a secondary hand-held mode for their kids on the go.

ani-me

Haven't had a good look at it yet, but already have doubts if it's worth it.

Akatsuki

Good idea for people who are more on a budget but I prefer the idea of the original for the sake of switching from console to handheld.