Sign in to follow this  
Akatsuki

Final Fantasy VIII Remaster

Akatsuki

Anyone in this forum excited for the FFVIII Remaster? 

I'm beyond the moon excited! I've heard that the game might support voice acting? 

Regardless I'll be picking this up on the switch on release!

animepwns

I can't say if it's because of nostalgia, but I've always considered FF 8 one of the best FF games.
I was devastated when the disk got scratched. The intro scene would freeze, making me unable to actually start playing the game again.

I'm glad there's a remake coming. I will certainly be purchasing it, should it be available for PC.

Akatsuki
3 minutes ago, animepwns said:

I can't say if it's because of nostalgia, but I've always considered FF 8 one of the best FF games.
I was devastated when the disk got scratched. The intro scene would freeze, making me unable to actually start playing the game again.

I'm glad there's a remake coming. I will certainly be purchasing it, should it be available for PC.

VII & VIII are huge nostalgia hitters for me though VII takes the cake for being my favorite FF. 

I was visiting parents in my hometown recently and found all my PS1 games and found the discs for FFVIII! I made me want to go buy a PS1 so I could hear the old boot up sound!

• Like 1

SpoonyBard

Square-Enix is taking the lazy path with this and not modifying pretty much anything outside of characters and UI. I highly doubt voice acting will be included for several reasons. The only source for why people believe it might be is some meta data shown in the source code of the site that mentioned voice overs, but that could have been a simply copy & paste mistake or something lost in translation.

Hopefully they include the update as a free update or discounted for those who already have the Steam version. If not, I'll just wait for a fan patch which will include the updated character models along with vastly superior backgrounds than what the "official" remaster has been shown to offer.