Golumpa

Downtime and Roll-back

Golumpa

Whoops, I wasn't supposed to press that button...

Earlier today the server went down and due to an error on my part I also lost all the data on the server. Luckily I setup a daily backup to happen just in-case something like this was to ever occur, that there will never be too much data lost. I know that some would have been lost but, hopefully, it wont be too much and something that people can create again if it isn't too much hassle.

I am sorry about this however the site is back up and this shouldn't happen again. If there is any new bugs you find, do let me know as I had to remake the entire web-server from scratch. 😫

1b8.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

StardustNightwind

What kind of data?

mcmxcixmm

@Golumpa

Hold on - haven't I seen this exact topic before? Getting a serious case of déjà vu here...

(Just wondering if I'm right - thank you for all your hard work, not to mention backups!)

• Like 1

Beave

The down time got me concerned.  Luckily Discord was running and found out what happened.

It does not look like any of my releases yesterday went to the Internet la la land.

Thanks for getting the site up quickly.

Zanros

all good golumpa atleast you didnt nuke the DB or did u 🙄 and +1 for backups 

BeepBopBeepityBop

Haha, just glad to know my word didn't implode again.  I said a small prayer before hitting F5

SpoonyBard

Golumpa
6 hours ago, StardustNightwind said:

What kind of data?

Just some posts and status updates, etc. Since the last backup.

6 hours ago, mcmxcixmm said:

@Golumpa

Hold on - haven't I seen this exact topic before? Getting a serious case of déjà vu here...

(Just wondering if I'm right - thank you for all your hard work, not to mention backups!)

I don't actually know what your on about? I haven't done this before?

Andi
Posted (edited)

Golumpa thank you and the staff for getting the site back up again so quicky, lots of love to you ❤️💘

sadly and unfortunately things like this do happen,sometimes despite the fact that they should never happen

ths is why I have everthing backed myself on my pc/laptop like ,bookmarks,saved links and etc.. in addition to other things I have collected and have it's always a smart thing to have backups

I myself have been a average user of the internet, since the year 2005 during all those years I have collected and backuped a lot of things from back then which I still have

most of these things are now impossible to obtain anywhere on the internet,all the more reason to always have backups of what you have

Edited by Andi

mcmxcixmm
5 hours ago, Golumpa said:

I don't actually know what your on about? I haven't done this before?

I might have confused it with another site. But the wording is so similar to what I remember...

Diodopdoxfiu

Thank you for notifying us all, the first thing I thought was that the page had fallen, but then I said to myself, that if it's a nandato, I could be in some error. For a moment I worried.

sniper23

I nearly had a heart attack.

ani-me

Lucky me, I was thinking up posting some new stuff yesterday, but didn't.

I just happened to decide to visit here less, like alternate days (to focus on work), and that saved a lot of efforts that would have been otherwise wasted.

Though some of my PMs did get messed up.

On 8/13/2019 at 4:14 AM, Golumpa said:

due to an error on my part

Is the issue fixed, or do you still need time testing the fixes?

StardustNightwind
Posted (edited)
On 8/13/2019 at 2:37 PM, mcmxcixmm said:

I might have confused it with another site. But the wording is so similar to what I remember...

I think you confused it with sister sites Snahpit and Kametsu almost identical wording.

Edited by StardustNightwind