Golumpa

Christmas time is approaching, so I bring news and updates!

Golumpa

You know the drill, when Christmas comes around almost all active sites on the internet goes all Christmas'y for December. I also plan just to go with the stereotype and go all Christmas'y too! So i'm just going to type out a quick post of whats to come over the next few weeks when I can and also a few new things that is in the making.

Competition time!

First lets get a little competition on the go, a Christmas background competition for the forums. Now for those that have a 1080p monitor, you don't get to see the background that much due to the way the site is setup (unless the site is see-through for a few weeks), but if you have a monitor that is 2560 x 1440, 3840 x 2160 or maybe even bigger you get to see more. I want to get a background that is Christmas'y, and is what Nandato?! is about, mainly anime, but can have western cartoons, games, etc in it aswel.

I will give you a few days to put in your entries and another couple of days to where a poll is going to be made to choose the winner. I'll also throw in a prize for the winner too. I'm not to sure what the prize will be but i was thinking maybe a $20 Amazon / RightStuf / A site that sells Onaholes / etc. gift card as its ya'know the season of giving and I feel generous this year.

The background doesn't have to be custom or anything (although custom and even changing things to make it more personal to Nandato will give bonus points) but as long as it at least 1080p and there is some action on the edges for the 1080p monitors can see something, then its good to go in my book.

Clubs

Ok, so this is a thing that we could have enabled from the start but didn't really want to to be honest. But over the next week i'll be adding open and private clubs that people can join. What is a club, I hear you say? Well its basically like a facebook group, it's a little "group" that can be called anything like, "Manga Cafe" for those that like manga, "Hentai Hut" for those that like Hentai, etc, etc. These are just a few little examples but it is to drive the community a bit more, add something to Nandato that can be a little fun to do and see people join. An Uploader could create a club for their own little releaser "club", VIP's a couple of clubs aswel.

Now this isn't just a you like this, join this, sorta thing. i'm going to create some basic ones but when people hit VIP rank (which is a thing now) they can create whatever "club" they want, can be stupid, can be cool, its up to you, the community to expand on it.

VIP Rank

VIP Rank is something I have wanted to add for a while now but didn't really know what "goals" people would need to hit before they get promoted to that rank, hence why its taken this long to make it. Now the site has been running for a while now I can see how many posts, rep, etc, people get. While nobody has the VIP rank currently, this is mainly because the people that do meet these requirements are actually uploaders (which is above VIP but under Elite) or admins anyway. There are a few normal members that are very close, so keep going! Currently VIP will only get access to create clubs, however i am looking at adding more perks for being a VIP on Nandato. Suggestions are welcome!

The Future

I Have been thinking of ways to improve the site even more and When I get some more funds I was thinking of getting a few custom mods / plugins for the site made up. One of them being a thread starter type thing that can pull information off something like TheTVDB for cartoons and AniDB for Anime so its easier to startup a thread discussing a certain show. I know there is already a plugin out there that is a thread starter but its only for TMDb so its a little janky for normal Cartoons and Anime.

The other thing I was thinking of was to replace the "Airing Anime" section to be kinda automated, getting its data from places like TVDB, AnimeCalander (due to the ability to get an ical file) or even Senpai.moe (which actually has a public api for this stuff). This would give an actual working calendar, unlike the one we have now. I could leave the current one up there and people could manually add series, episodes, etc. I'm not entirely sure yet.

Site Updates

Now the boring part, Internal Site Updates. This is where you can leave if you want as this is just to let you all know that I have updated the site to the latest Invision Community version and a few plugins have also been updated. Oh and yes, I actually bought the software for this forum now, heh. 💸#

I think that's it? Anyway here's a GIF.

~ Golumpa

XVvtL.gif

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Cryptic

With the VIP rank requirements established (though not disclosed), you should also establish requirements for uploaders as well. I've seen several users uploading a lot that should probably have the rank, but no requirements have been set (so it's just kinda been given to those who were active uploaders early on). Also more update posts like these would be nice more often.

• Like 1

StardustNightwind

Hype for TRAP Hut!

Milim Argento

Hentai Hut thats a club i would join 100%

SpoonyBard

anime fans and their strange obsessions...

• Haha 1

LastReaction

@Golumpa let me know if you need any financial assistance. 🙂

Bardon

Sooooo, I assume these VIP clubs can also be used for something more "exclusive" too? Like having access to certain places/resources here and there?

giphy.gif

Scyrous

@Golumpa I've got two potential candidates...

XR4D1ST.png

8IHdtMi.png

The majority of wallpapers I found on google have too much fanservice going on (imo) and the backgrounds aren't particularly special. Not to mention most of them were very compressed. Please note that the images above are lower resolution previews.

Below are the download links for the full-res PNG versions I made (I applied some mild Waifu2x denoising to get rid of JPEG artifacts and added a thin layer of grain to make it more uniform). You'll probably want to compress them at JPEG 100% quality again though, for the sake of size and bandwidth. 😛

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1td3A5jXO3WnSF6BHPzNEaYFIWfNLyNVz/view (3840x2160)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N7Zxgea8s0LBRcl1svKBP21IaVtQqLW4/view (2000x1371)

• Like 3

Beave

Love the top photo myself.

Added it to my desktop.

Thanks!

• Like 1

MRBAER69

I like the top photo myself.Thanks Scyrous

christmas dr GIF

Golumpa

@Scyrous and anyone else waifu2x is a good thing to use if it's too low resolution. It won't work every time but it's pretty good at it most of the time.

Edit: I see you used it now, I should finish reading before I reply 😅

Scyrous
45 minutes ago, Golumpa said:

Edit: I see you used it now, I should finish reading before I reply 😅

😅

Personally I don’t recommend it for upscaling badly compressed JPEGs though. A bit of denoising is fine, but if you want resolution you’re better off searching for a higher quality image entirely. I came across a couple of fake 4K waifu2x upscales and it’s extremely obvious they were severely upscaled, based on all the warping and distorted artifacts.

Jhoopes517

anime-girls-christmas-yosuga-no-sora-kasfate-stay-night-background-full-hd-1080p

Edited by Jhoopes517
one more plz
  • Like 1

sniper23

VIP Rank?

Can't you just add "Harem Anime Protagonist" Rank?