LastReaction

Addressing Christmas theme complaints (Sorry!)

LastReaction

We have noticed that a few users have complained about the Christmas theme with snow & Christmas lights affecting performance and being too intrusive. To solve this issue so that everyone is happy, we have made a Christmas theme and a default theme so that users can choose between the two as they wish. The Christmas theme is still set as the default theme, but if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can change your theme on the fly to any other theme that is in the list. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused our userbase. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spoony
7 minutes ago, LastReaction said:

We have noticed that a few users have complained about the Christmas theme with snow & Christmas lights affecting performance and being too intrusive. To solve this issue so that everyone is happy, we have made a Christmas theme and a default theme so that users can choose between the two as they wish. The Christmas theme is still set as the default theme, but if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can change your theme on the fly to any other theme that is in the list. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused our userbase. 

Strange. The only option on the list other than the Christmas version for me is the IPS Default.

edit: it finally appeared after making this post.

Edited by SpoonyBard

LastReaction
9 minutes ago, SpoonyBard said:

Strange. The only option on the list other than the Christmas version for me is the IPS Default.

edit: it finally appeared after making this post.

Glad to see that your issue resolved itself.

Mesterius

So, I selected the Snow-free Dreadnought theme yesterday, and the snow turned itself off immediately. All well and good. But just now I entered the site for the first time today, and it was snowing again. Turns out the theme had gone BACK to "Dreadnought - Snowy" on its own. Could you make the theme stay on the option we select, and not reset itself to the site's main default?

Spoony
5 hours ago, Mesterius said:

So, I selected the Snow-free Dreadnought theme yesterday, and the snow turned itself off immediately. All well and good. But just now I entered the site for the first time today, and it was snowing again. Turns out the theme had gone BACK to "Dreadnought - Snowy" on its own. Could you make the theme stay on the option we select, and not reset itself to the site's main default?

I believe that was because of what Golumpa was doing at the time. Normally theme changes should stick, so you shouldn't have that issue now.

• Like 2

Axe

Don't mind the Christmas theme but had to change it back on mobile as it was getting too hot, probably the snow. Have you made sure it's at most 60 fps btw?

Gabu

I don't actually mind it that much since I use the website in my computer and not the phone, but thank you nonetheless for the option.

Gabu

The Christmas theme is still on with me. Is that for everyone too or you have to manually change it?

Golumpa

I just haven't gotten around to changing the background back as I was away from the pc where it was saved.

When I get to my pc I'll change the background back.