Nardlen

Do you still watch television?

Nardlen

People always say that cable is dying and streaming will replace it, but I'm curious if anyone still watches.

• Like 1

Spoony

Haven't had any Cable or Dish since 2009 and I haven't looked back or desired it in any shape or form. I'm good with the internet.

Andi
5 hours ago, Nardlen said:

People always say that cable is dying and streaming will replace it, but I'm curious if anyone still watches.

streaming, is a big thing these days but some animated cartoon shows seem to air on TV before they are added to streaming in fact it sometimes takes several months before they surface on the internet.

I myself own a multi region blu ray player/dvd and thanks to this i watch things on the big screen, and besides let's not forgot that files we download from the internet can be converted or modified to what we see fit.(for private us only of course).

my multi region blu ray player/dvd player can also play files like avi, mkv, mp4, wmv, and etc... I recommend investing in one. :classic_smile:

Edited by Andi

ProxyMan

I got rid of the cable box in my room years ago and have never had a wish to go back. Anything I want to watch I use my computer for. I can choose what I want to watch, when I want to watch, which includes both downloading and legal streams. I feel like when I had cable in my room I just put it on next to me and either nothing was on that I liked or I would have to sit through commercials and gradually lose interest.  With streaming or downloads I can control the scenes in episodes and not miss an airing since I can just go back and watch episodes.

There are some things people might like about cable, but i don't have time to waste through conmmercials and hoping something I like is on; I like having control. Some might not like the Netflix binge method, and I especially dislike both the amount of streaming services and Netflix's tendency to cancel shows after 2-3 seasons, but I like it better. Shows on streaming don't have to worry about heavy broadcast standards and the services bring back classics we used to watch.

TL;DR: Streaming (Thumbs Up), Cable (Thumbs Down)

• Haha 1

Spoony
4 hours ago, Andi said:

some animated cartoon shows seem to air on TV before they are added to streaming in fact it sometimes takes several months before they surface on the internet.

Erm, maybe officially I guess? But anything not officially simulcast is typically capped during airing and uploaded to the internet within a few minutes. I can't recall ever having to wait months for anything online.

Lyle_Short

I prefer using a custom streaming service. Having a plex server in an overseas data center is in theory cheaper than having multiple streaming services or cable. This way I get to control the fidelity of the content I'm consuming and am not left with terrible bit rates from services such as netflix.  

Super Kal

i actually havent had cable for 10 years now, and in all honesty, i dont miss it. the internet keeps me entertained for the most part

DarkShame2

I've hardly watch TV since 2012 or so. It's Mostly my parents that still watch TV nowadays.

BlitzEpidemic

I have an antenna that gets 50+ channels for free, so yeah, I still watch tv.

konvict217

nope why watch adds for LOL

Kid Boruto

We switched to Streaming several years ago and have never looked back.

I tend to watch most of my content on NetFlix, Disney+, Hulu, and a few other platforms.

Blackrazor187

Don't really watch live action tv at all really. I mainly watch my anime through the free to watch stuff or through my physical media.

RockyRZ

70% advertisements, 25% reruns, 05% new episodes.

costmuffled

I only watch tee vee when I'm visiting relatives. For my part, I don't even own a television anymore, nor do I even bother acquiring anything other than anime. Modern television is a steaming pile, these days.

badguys

I only have broadcast in my house and don't watch the "big 4" all too much.

I haven't watched much of it until "Toon in with Me" premiered and cartoons were added to MeTV's Saturday morning.

czeslawdoniczka

Nah, everything is available on the Internet. In most cases even in better quality.

marqpaul73
Posted (edited)

my multi region blu ray player/dvd player can also play files like avi, mkv, mp4, wmv, and etc... I recommend investing in one. :classic_smile:  vidmate apk instasave 

Edited by marqpaul73

Ezikialrage

I still watch regular broadcast TV. Mostly for news, This Old House and cooking shows. Everything else I can either download or legally stream through netflix, Amazon prime, Pluto TV or Xumo.   Pluto TV and Xumo are both free apps that you can get for most streaming devices. Its like having cable/satellite tv but it's free. They both have a variety of sports, news/opinion, movie, kid, anime,  music and other channels.  Both have a free on demand so you can watch some shows and movies from the beginning.

Mamarika

I very rarely watch TV. Only when a new show premieres and I don't have to wait for it on YouTube, I watch it on TV.

maksbeb15

I don't watch TV, I watch everything on my phone, it's always with me.

Finn

I mean, I watch shows that I torrent.  I prefer it that way where I can binge something at my leisure.

Actually TV though... No, not for years.  I don't even own a TV.