Bardon

New Fruits Basket Anime Reboot (2019)

Bardon

New Trailer is out, and personally......I don't like this new animation style. =___=

Still interested in how it'll turn out.

Edited by Bardon
  • Like 1

dnautics

I'll be watching it as a first timer. I didn't see the old one. The animation does look weird, especially the faces.

PizzaCat

I for one am actually really excited to see the revamp. A majority of the english VA's are back for their roles which is pretty neat. I hated the ending of the original anime, so a revamp that sticks closer to the manga ((which I admit I need to finish)) is going to be awesome. 

emjay911

Is this a remake?

Faces and animation are decent enough.

Edited by emjay911

dnautics
5 hours ago, emjay911 said:

Is this a remake?

Faces and animation are decent enough.

It's a remake following the manga this time. I hear the original diverged from the manga. 

Inverti

Eng dub all the way for this one. Props to Funimation for taking the effort to bring back Laura Bailey and the majority of the original English VAs for this, just like D Gray Man: Hallow and FMA: Brotherhood. Bringing back Laura is an especially commendable feat, since she hasn't voiced in anime dubs for years.

It's cast consistencies like these that make the JP ver super lame by comparison. I cannot wait to watch the reboot featuring my favorite VAs.

Edited by Inverti
  • Like 1

ani-me

Never saw the original....not sure if will watch the reboot... 😕 

LastReaction

Like most of the users in this topic, I have not watched the original so I doubt I'll watch this one. I hope its a good show for all the fans out there though!

gskumar

Just watched the trailer, if they make a dub for this then maybe I will. Yeah animation is not looking good. Especially the heroine, her eyes look too big or it doesn't fit the face.

Kid Boruto

I only saw the first few episodes of the anime/read some random chapters, but this has piqued my curiosity.

Depending on how good the English Dub is, may be watching this series as it airs (assuming SimulDub).

Bardon

Kay, NOW its starting to look a little promising and showing more life to it as compared with the first trailer.

pwhodges

The mangaka didn't like the first anime, not just because it was incomplete (the manga was less than half-written, after all), but because it was based on her earlier drawing style.  The new adaptation is supposed to be more in line with her later style - not that I really noticed much change through the manga, myself.

Inverti

It wasn't just that. Takaya accused the first director of "fucking" with her work. He took a lot of liberties with her work and in her perspective, he turned it into a kind of monstrosity that she can't stand (even going as far as changing the gender of one of the characters). That's why the reboot is animated by a different studio, and the entire JP voice cast was recast.

Fortunately, the Funimation dub is immune to that, because they brought back a lot of the original Eng VAs. 

gskumar

I really liked the first episode. Though soma voice was really indistinguishable. Looks like I got other airing under bag

Toshiro296

I have watched the original and read the manga, I will watch the new anime because I absolutely love fruits basket. The only thing I'm a little annoyed with is that the new animation style whist still good makes all the other characters look plain and more pretty then they are in the original, tohru is kinda meant to be average whilst everyone around her (main characters) are meant to be eccentric and big personalities and this does carry on to their outward appearance too. Her mother is meant to look like a mixture of rough and beautiful as well, she was the leader of a gang and in this remake she is more pretty and sweet then her daughter it's like she has no personality 

Three-Eyed Raven

So far Fruits Basket (2019) it's worth watching even though the stories is similar to the old version but some of the scenes is quite different since this version is following from the manga. Probably this version of Fruits Basket they might continue where the first season where it left off. Maybe... -cross fingers-

But the drawing style is way different than the old version maybe because they try to fit with this modern era I guess. But it's cool to me. ^-^

MRBAER69
On 5/3/2019 at 4:10 PM, Sky2hi said:

So far Fruits Basket (2019) it's worth watching even though the stories is similar to the old version but some of the scenes is quite different since this version is following from the manga. Probably this version of Fruits Basket they might continue where the first season where it left off. Maybe... -cross fingers-

But the drawing style is way different than the old version maybe because they try to fit with this modern era I guess. But it's cool to me. ^-^

I think so to 

• Like 1

gskumar

I saw 1st episode and it was good. I did see the old anime few episodes but left it. I would say new season was better in all aspects except for soma voice acting which was really difficult to understand.

Neutopia91

I did a reboot once, took 2 minutes to complete. But this looks to be interesting, might have to watch the first even if it diverged from manga.

Inverti
On 5/4/2019 at 7:10 AM, Three-Eyed Raven said:

Probably this version of Fruits Basket they might continue where the first season where it left off. Maybe... -cross fingers-

Not happening. The first anime adaptation diverged from the manga in a similar fashion with the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime. What this reboot WILL be is a faithful adaptation of the source material.

• Like 1

ani-me
21 hours ago, Inverti said:

Not happening. The first anime adaptation diverged from the manga in a similar fashion with the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime. What this reboot WILL be is a faithful adaptation of the source material.

That's even better imo..

• Like 1