Andi

Everybody has some kind of story behind their username, what's yours?

Andi

what's the story behind your username guys ? there is nothing special about mine however, my username is similar to my dad's name hence where I got the idea for it.

Edited by Andi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Beave

Mine is just my nickname that was given to me by a girl friend.

1. I looked like Beaver Cleaver.

2. I like Beaver 🙂

That's it 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Dani

Dani is short for Danielle, derived from dangerousvhs, that being so named as I was originally just ripping from my VHS collection, and me not thinking it was the greatest idea to do so in the first place. While I still (rarely) upload VHS rips, it's certainly not common for me to do so anymore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cryptic

iM sUpEr CrYpTiC

nah I have no story, just chose the name cuz I like the sound of it

@Moodkiller tell yours 😆

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ZaphodBeebblebrox

I just really like The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The extra B started because ZaphodBeeblebrox is already taken in so many places, but it became default over time.

• Like 4

Jin ❄

Mine's just a modified version of my real name.
@Spoony can I ask about your username out of curiosity? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Spoony
5 minutes ago, Jin ❄ said:

Mine's just a modified version of my real name.
@Spoony can I ask about your username out of curiosity? 

My avatar is of a fan art of Tellah. One of his most famous quotes in the game he is from is calling Edward a Spoony Bard! Which was likely just a terrible translation mistake way back when it happened.

I'm not very original with names. So I just rolled with it. Since then I've dropped the Bard, shortening my name to just Spoony.

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Moodkiller
3 hours ago, Cryptic said:

iM sUpEr CrYpTiC

nah I have no story, just chose the name cuz I like the sound of it

@Moodkiller tell yours 😆

LOL... Gather around kids.

This one time, about 10 years ago now, yours truly said the following to the SO he was with - for context I was moving countries in about a months time:

Moodkiller: "You know, the moment we are in may never happen again..."

Her: "... you are such a mood killer"

Stuck with it ever since. It is also a nice metaphor to my online personality.

hatsune miku GIF

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Quetzal

For a while I played a card game called Android:Netrunner. One of the cards was a character named Quetzal. I don't actually have any particular connection or fondness for that card, I just like the name and picked it when signing up for my first private tracker.

• Like 2

Soul

Just a dumb abbreviation that came to be over the years and because it makes for some good puns. Went from the unimaginative Soulmaster (with or without a few numbers behind it) to Soul or even Souly occasionally.

• Like 2

Moodkiller
3 hours ago, Soul said:

Just a dumb abbreviation that came to be over the years and because it makes for some good puns. Went from the unimaginative Soulmaster (with or without a few numbers behind it) to Soul or even Souly occasionally.

Im surprised there wasn't a "SoulEater" in there at some point...

Bardon

My name comes from an OC I made over a decade ago, back when I was just getting into the art gig and writing up a story that I thought I'd be able to realize as a graphic novel one day.

Flashforward to now, obviously that did not happen due to a few IRL hurdles. But the name itself still held some sentimental value to me, so I kept using that as my identity around most of the internet.

• Like 3

Lunethspark

Luneth is the name of the main character from Final Fantasy III I thought spark sounded cool next to it. Made it when I was like 14 or something. Have been using it ever since.

• Like 2

Avion

Avion means airplane, derived from the Latin word "avis." Yeah, I have always wanted to fly, but humans can't fly like birds. 

• Like 3

Tanooki

Derives from the coolest powerup in the Super Mario games and tanukis are the cutest animals on the planet

• Like 2

Kid Boruto

My username is a combination of my child at heart personality, and my love for anything Naruto/Boruto.

Despite the fact I still have yet to watch/read or play anything Boruto yet, LOL.

• Like 3

Jin ❄

@Scyrous  can I ask about your username out of curiosity?  

Grey

My favourite color is Grey and I like how it sounds. I also like what grey symbolizes.
Since that was boring I'll share my other username I use when I want to show my weebness.

Paper-sama
- I was watching an anime (I don't remember what it was now) But I was certain I heard them say kami for a paper. At that time I only knew kami = God. So I researched a bit about it and yes, kami also = paper. I also learned that it was the best paper for origami.

monsieurcooler

i'm named after my profile picture. it was just what a cool artwork of Cooler was named on Deviantart. I was like 13 or something and stupid .

will probably change it down the line but i can really come up with any good

here's a link to the picture  -  Monsieur Cooler , the artist has some really great work on his deviantart

Kishida

hiya! im new here, but my username is from a Japanese rock star of the same name, who is lead vocals from Kishida Kyoudan and the Akeboshi Rockets. it just stuck when i used it in mmos and its everything i use now.

Loli Neko

I want my own Loli Neko...

• Haha 2

Blackrazor187

It sounded cool to me and i just thought about it something edgy and thats how my name came up to be.

sniper23

My friends were calling me 23 (because of 23 kills in three different games in the same day).  That stuck and I liked the sniper rifles that I were playing with in the games so my name was sniper23.

badguys

Mine comes from "homeofthebadguys".  I used that name to parellell a youtuber named homeofthegoodguys.

Unfortunately, the name happened to stick with me all these years later, even since I haven't heard from that youtube user in some time (likely a nobody).

I guess my name choice rolled off the tounge better than his?

Edited by badguys