MrGoodGuy

The new Looney Tunes cartoon series looks fantastic!

MrGoodGuy

Looney Tunes Cartoons, an all-new series from Warner Bros. Animation starring the cherished Looney Tunes characters, is all set to arrive on the HBO Max streaming service when it launches May 27th. Looney Tunes Cartoons echoes the high production value and process of the original Looney Tunes theatrical shorts with a cartoonist-driven approach to storytelling. Marquee Looney Tunes characters will be featured in their classic pairings in simple, gag-driven, and visually vibrant stories. And today, we get our first look at those very characters in a set of 20 new images!

The new series will include 80 eleven-minute episodes, each comprised of animated shorts that vary in length and include adapted storylines for today’s audiences; fans can also look forward to holiday-themed specials.

Source: 

https://collider.com/looney-tunes-cartoons-characters-hbo-max-images/

looney-tunes-cartoons-images-1.jpglooney-tunes-cartoons-images-2.jpglooney-tunes-cartoons-images-3.jpglooney-tunes-cartoons-images-8.jpglooney-tunes-cartoons-images-13.jpglooney-tunes-cartoons-images-16.jpg

Andi

as far as how the storytelling turns out to be I for one will reserve judgement, untill after I have seen a few episodes of this series. even good looking animation does not make a cartoon great. writing and storytelling is very important when it comes to anime and cartoons, will see how it turns out once it arrives.

Kinesty

They just put another short from the series on  YouTube and it was pretty good. They are very much in the style of the old shorts and not something like The Looney Tunes Show.

MrGoodGuy
4 hours ago, Andi said:

as far as how the storytelling turns out to be I for one will reserve judgement, untill after I have seen a few episodes of this series. even good looking animation does not make a cartoon great. writing and storytelling is very important when it comes to anime and cartoons, will see how it turns out once it arrives.

Yeah, I just got excited about the style. I mean, at least they have put some effort bringing the classic designs, although they're not exactly like the old ones. My main concern is this:

"adapted storylines for today’s audiences"...

I know their main target are the children, but there's no problem at all on the old Looney Tunes. Let's just hope they don't idiotize the show.

3 hours ago, Kinesty said:

They just put another short from the series on  YouTube and it was pretty good. They are very much in the style of the old shorts and not something like The Looney Tunes Show.

Nice! Didn't know they were putting the episodes on youtube.

Andi

I think they put that short up as a sneak preview on youtube. I highly doubt they will put up the entire show there. also I wonder how characters like Daffy Duck will be handled this time ? hmmmm I wonder how long it will be for rips to start appearing from HBO Max.

MrGoodGuy
6 hours ago, Andi said:

hmmmm I wonder how long it will be for rips to start appearing from HBO Max.

That's the main reason why I made this post. So people can keep an eye out when the rips start to pop up. :)