Beave

New CPU Fan installed, finally

Beave
Posted (edited)

Installed a Noctua NH-D15, Premium CPU Cooler with 2x NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fans.

2020-05-16-08-21-52.jpg

The Cable Management is still in works.

The Fans are set to pull the air through the Fins instead of Pushing.

Why? Was unable to install the front fan, because of the memory.

Also,  the picture above shows the Video Card not plugged in, it is now.

Edited by Beave
Video Card Plugged in

badguys

Let me guess, the stock fans are retail Noctua A14s?  Also, is that an Arctic F-12 fan on the back of that case?

I use an Arctic F9 silent currently (I really need a better back fan), but I am looking into picking up a 90mm Noctua Redux fan for my case's back.

I was looking at some Noctua A12X25 fans myself, but I am at odds on whether to get the FLX or PWM versions since their priced the same right now.  I am planning to put them over my cooler (a BeQuiet Shadow Rock LP) after the NF-P12 Redux fan I tried made the system error out on bootup stating that my fan failed.

Beave
6 hours ago, badguys said:

Let me guess, the stock fans are retail Noctua A14s?  Also, is that an Arctic F-12 fan on the back of that case?

I use an Arctic F9 silent currently (I really need a better back fan), but I am looking into picking up a 90mm Noctua Redux fan for my case's back.

I was looking at some Noctua A12X25 fans myself, but I am at odds on whether to get the FLX or PWM versions since their priced the same right now.  I am planning to put them over my cooler (a BeQuiet Shadow Rock LP) after the NF-P12 Redux fan I tried made the system error out on bootup stating that my fan failed.

The CPU fans are 2 Noctua NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fans. The 5 Case Fans are ARCTIC F12 PWM. The Case Fans will be replaced soon with Noctua NF-F12 PWM fans. All fans in the system are controlled by the Motherboard, including the m.2 Heatsink and Fan.

Update, Intel Optane was added to the Main Data/Work 4TB HD. It was hard to setup, especially when the Optane was previously used and had an RST RAID setting on it already.