TheNightSkies

Is this the correct setting for QAAC TVBR Q127?

TheNightSkies

I'm trying to get the correct settings for QAAC as I want the quality to be as close to FLAC at a good file size without sacrificing the quality of the audio. Are these the correct settings?

C:\Users\Username\Downloads\qaac_2.69\x64\qaac64.exe  -i -q 2 -r keep -V 127 - -o "%f"

I'm using Audacity to export the audio if that helps.

Nyan
On 7/9/2020 at 3:37 AM, TheNightSkies said:

I want the quality to be as close to FLAC at a good file size without sacrificing the quality of the audio

That doesn't really make sense. If you don't want to sacrifice quality, the quality will be identical to FLAC.

Presumably you want to sacrifice quality, because you're encoding to AAC. If we ignore the "good file size" part, then the highest quality setting will deliver what you want. Note that the help says that "0" means "highest", which sets "-V90" by default. I don't know if values larger than 90 have any effect.

If file size is a concern though, then the option which is optimal will be subjective to you. Generally 192kbps is a good figure to start at though ("-v 192" probably) as it is considered transparent (i.e. imperceptible quality loss) by most listeners.