misseps

Health issues after getting cured of Covid?

misseps

Unfortunately COVID got me at work a few months ago. After a lengthy hospital and care center stay and recovery I'm now COVID free without any long lasting damage (that doctors can see so far). I was in a coma for quite some time but luckily I did not need to be constantly on those air/breathing machines, which they said was a benefit since I don't seem to be out of breath all the time and my lungs look fine. I was wondering if anyone else has gotten any health issues that seem to be permanent or that arose after some time of being cured? I'm kind of scared I might be missing or misattributing symptoms, so I'm curious about other people's experiences.

• Sad 4

Dani

Terrible to hear this happened to you, I'm glad you're still with us and not another statistic. Goes to show it really can happen to anyone.

Thankfully I seem to have dodged the damned virus so far, but reading about the damage it can do really scares me. This is why the deniers, anti-maskers, and politicians who care more about the economy than human lives piss me off. Not only has a devastating number of lives been lost (and it's not only seniors), but even if you survive, how fucked up might you wind up because of it? (With how bad my health is already, I don't want to think about what could happen to me...)

• Sad 1

PizzaCat

I actually have an online friend who died yesterday. She had gotten Covid around Christmas and was fine. Just general shortness of breath. Less than a month later (yesterday) she died of a pulmonary embolism. One of my other friends who has had it twice now has had long lasting effects of shortness of breath, headaches, lack of taste and smell, small frequent fevers, and soreness. She's worried she'll never be the same. 

I'm sorry to hear that you got it. The effects seem to differ from person to person. I can only hope yours is an easy go. 

• Sad 2

Arian

I'm so sorry to hear all of these stories so far, especially yours, @misseps. I've been lucky enough to dodge the disease, which is damn good, because I had severe breathing/lung-related issues growing up, so I don't know how it'll all come back to me if I get it.

My brother got it at work though, because his company severely mishandled the spreading of the disease in their offices. His wife, who works in the same building also got it. Needless to say, I was worried sick. Now, he they made it out scot-free and haven't been infected since and I'm hoping for the best on that front. More for the sake of them than myself.

I also have a very close friend who nearly lost his life to COVID and also lost his mother due to COVID complications. He hasn't been fully the same since then which is totally understandable.

There's a lot of things I'd really like to get off my chest about why we're here in the first place, but I don't want to make this a shitshow. Let's just focus on supporting each other and hopefully getting back to normal soon.

misseps
11 hours ago, Arian said:

because his company severely mishandled the spreading of the disease in their offices.

In my case they had masks, working in home and those transparent dividers. But overnight one of the air ventilation systems broke down and nobody noticed or it got ignored by management. One week later que a few dozen new sick people and the office was closed down by regional police for being a COVID hotspot.

• Sad 1