ActsofManFR

External Harddrive Recommendations

ActsofManFR

Hey everyone,

The other day I lost almost 2TB of anime, movies and shows. I have a 2 year old WD My Passport and I plugged it in to add some files the other night and it was totally blank, no files and all the space it had when I first bought it was there. 

Needless to say I kinda freaked. In the process of recovering it all now.

My question is, is there a more reliable external I should get? Been using WD for years, but it was always My Books and not Passports.

I also bought some cloud storage but it's not cheap so I'd like to also get another maybe 2 externals to act as backup for when/if this or something else happens again.

Thanks in advance!

Beave

As it is now. I would get an internal hard drive and get an external case for it with a fan inside to keep it cool.

If you do not want to go through that hassle above, Western Digital or Seagate have decent offerings in the 3.5" External HD market. You just to remember you need to keep them cool using a fan.

Zweeflol

I use and recommend a Western Digital Blue WD40EZRZ 4TB and Sharkoon Swift Case Pro USB 3.0 combo. I've been using them for years.

But don't buy an WD Elements Desktop, had some problems because how the onboard (Elements) PCB 'formats' the drive (something to do with the 3.3v line).