LastReaction

Carole & Tuesday (Spring 2019 Anime)

LastReaction

Carole & Tuesday (Spring 2019)

Anime Info

Chief Director: Watanabe Shin`ichirou (director of Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Space Dandy)

Animation Studio: Bones (Escaflowne, Scrapped Princess, Gosick, Space Dandy, Hitsugi no Chaika)

Premiere Date: April 11th, 2019

Genres: Sci-Fi, Music, Drama, Romance

Plot Summary

Fifty years have passed since mankind began migrating to the new frontier: Mars. It's an age where most culture is produced by AI, and people are content to be passive consumers.

There's a girl. Scrapping a living in the metropolis of Alba City, she's working part time while trying to become a musician. She's always felt like something is missing. Her name is Carole.

There's a girl. Born to a wealthy family in the provincial town of Herschel City, she dreams of becoming a musician, but nobody around her understands. She feels like the loneliest person in the world. Her name is Tuesday.

A chance meeting brings them together. They want to sing. They want to make music. Together, they feel like they just might have a chance. The two of them may only create a tiny wave. But that wave will eventually grow into something larger...

(Source: Official page)

• Like 1

gsk_

Music/Idol anime is not my thing. I will pass on this. If it gains popularity then I might watch it.

Solaufein
Posted (edited)

This... looks like it was tailor made for me.

• Watanabe ✓
  • Bones ✓
  • Anime Original ✓
  • 2 Cours ✓
  • Sci-Fi Romance Drama ✓
  • Musical Premise ✓

Definitely adding this to the PTW list.

Edited by Solaufein
  • Like 1

LastReaction
14 minutes ago, gskumar said:

Music/Idol anime is not my thing. I will pass on this. If it gains popularity then I might watch it.

It is definitely not an idol anime, it will be a lot more down to Earth (or Mars, I should say lol) than that based on the trailer.

13 minutes ago, Solaufein said:

This... looks like it was tailor made for me.

• Watanabe ✓
  • Bones ✓
  • Anime Original ✓
  • 2 Cours ✓
  • Sci-Fi Romance Drama ✓
  • Musical Premise ✓

Definitely adding this to the PTW list.

It's got all the right stuff to be a groundbreaking show, let's hope it lives up to that when it airs!

gsk_
5 minutes ago, LastReaction said:

is definitely not an idol anime, it will be a lot more down to earth (or Mars, I should say lol) than that based on the trailer

Just watched the trailer and animations were awesome (good job bones, I know I can count on you) still I will keep it on wish list.

• Haha 1

Solaufein

So far I'm very much enjoying this show two episodes in. EP2 had a nice performance that expands on the song in the preview above:

https://streamable.com/sskzf

• Like 1

LastReaction
15 hours ago, Solaufein said:

So far I'm very much enjoying this show two episodes in. EP2 had a nice performance that expands on the song in the preview above:

https://streamable.com/sskzf

I'm also loving the show, the artwork is outstanding and the characters are very likable. They also picked some very good artists to do the vocals!

The ED song is so good too: https://streamable.com/d2skp

MRBAER69

Are you going to post Carole & Tuesday?  I hope so thanks

LastReaction
19 hours ago, MRBAER69 said:

Are you going to post Carole & Tuesday?  I hope so thanks

PAS is currently doing a fantastic job with a great rip and fansub of this show. I'd recommend them if you want to watch it with subs. As for a dual audio release; there hasn't been any news of an English dub being announced, but based on how heavily westernized the show is (the main characters sing in English, majority of the signs are in English too) and the fact that almost all of Watanabe Shinichirou's past anime have gotten English dubs, its only a matter of time before one of the major American anime companies licenses it. Once that happens, Mew will definitely be working on this.

MRBAER69
Posted (edited)

Good to know  Mew will do a dual audio of Carole & Tuesday win it comes out

Edited by MRBAER69