kirbygame

new way to rip episodes from Nick.com (NICKAPP)

kirbygame
Posted (edited)

while ago, alot of people got upset that Nick.com has been defunct due to upcoming GC change for Adobe Flash.

however one mouth and a half later, recently i discover that someone has ripped a Knight Squad episode VIA THE NICKAPP!

Proof:
RARBG

because of that, YOU CAN RIP EPISODES VIA THE NICKAPP!

BUT.. is it possible to rip it from NICKAPP?

Edited by kirbygame

SaurusX

Yes. To start you need an android emulator and the nick app installed on it. When it comes to finer details I don’t have them. 

LastReaction

Moved the topic to the Video, Audio & Subtitles section as its more suitable.

Diodopdoxfiu

I once downloaded from the page, not from the application or app, from the page is easier, at least when I try, although I have never done it through the app, but you can try to change the user agent, that in some pages just by changing the user agent you can enter the same browser as if it were the app, although I repeat, I have never tried it, so I can not assure you that what I have said will happen.
If you want to download from the same page, you can use some complement for it, you can also try with the jdownload.

TheShadowDragon

At least ripping videos from sites like nick.com is free.

EmptyBasket
On 3/5/2019 at 4:54 PM, SaurusX said:

An android emulator

Shit man either I'm living in Y2K or yall are in 2040. Never even thought of this.

Which is the best emulator for pc? Is it painless to watch shows on the CN/Nick app?

IAreSam

I've used BlueStacks and VirtualBox in the past for Android emu. This topic is of interest to me as I could do with ripping a show that doesn't seem to have been released anywhere else. I'd have to run a VPN too as I'm outside the US, but I'm not sure what the best packet sniffing tool would be for this scenario.

badguys
Posted (edited)

Still doesn't beat the simplicity of ripping from DisneyNow.

Verizon (DisneyNow's streaming VoD host) seems to only block access to streams based on the browser's user agent, so simply just using Downloadhelper works there for me.

Edited by badguys
  • Thanks 1

kirbygame

any updates about the whole NICKAPP RIP?