Moodkiller

SendTo-rclone-GDrive

Moodkiller
SendTo-rclone-GDrive

1TbrhQ1.png+BSQHRem.png?1

Synopsis: A simple .bat script to enable the user to Right-click on a folder or file and send it to your preconfigured GDrive account using rclone in Windows. To all of those using Google Drive, you should look at using rclone as the backend to get data to your GDrive. It's much better than the web interface and Googles Backup and Sync / Drive File Stream options.

info

Prerequisites

• Installed and configured Google Drive rclone setup (https://github.com/ncw/rclone)
  • Make sure `rclone.exe` is located in your `C:/Windows` directory. Alternatively, define the location here

Installation

1. Download/save the .bat to any directory you choose.
  2. Open the run dialogue box (Winkey+R) and type `shell:sendto` followed by the Enter key.
  3. Copy and paste a short-cut to the file in the SendTo folder.
  4. NB! Right-click the newly created shortcut, click `Properties` and make sure the `Start in:` field is empty (clear what's in there if it isn't).
  5. For aesthetics, click on the `Change Icon...` button and browse for the included icon from this repo (optional). Click `Ok`.
  6. Click `Ok` to close the properties window.
  7. Rename the created shortcut from `rclone-GDrive.bat - Shortcut` to `rclone-GDrive` or to your personal preference (optional).

Usage

1. Locate a folder or file you would like to upload to GDrive.
  2. Right-click it and go to `Send to` > `rclone-GDrive` (or whatever name you may have given it). A CMD window should open. Note: This window will prepopulate with the folders in the root directory of your GDrive account.
  3. Follow the onscreen prompts and input the required details (destination upload directory, confirmation and simultaneous transfers)
  4. ...

screens.png

Spoiler

Context Menu

Wez5EEN.png

CMD Window with user inputs

GrQysuN.png

Completed confirmation with destination location

nBJpdCo.png

downloads

File Hosts:
Github repository: SendTo-rclone-GDrive

enjoy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ani-me
2 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

To all of those using Google Drive

what about us poor peasants?

Moodkiller
1 hour ago, ani-me said:

what about us poor peasants?

Lol ummm. One thing that I would love to do with this, is make it work with any remote/rclone setup. Alas the flags are different as well as the commands. I also mainly did this for myself to make it easier to upload content. Also lets be honest, if you are going to pay for cloud storage, you are going to go with drive >:D.

My job here is done.

ani-me
8 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

Lol ummm. One thing that I would love to do with this, is make it work with any remote/rclone setup. Alas the flags are different as well as the commands. I also mainly did this for myself to make it easier to upload content. Also lets be honest, if you are going to pay for cloud storage, you are going to go with drive >:D.

well, I haven't had a good look at your script, or this rclone thing..but you can use Drive's official API to reduce the config and any external dependencies...

check this out: https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/manage-uploads

also, this: https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/resumable-upload

8 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

My job here is done.

I don't believe that...we still need a v2

MRBAER69

we still need a v200 Moodkiller  HA HA HA HA

GIF by Crunchyroll

Moodkiller
On 3/10/2019 at 9:15 AM, ani-me said:

well, I haven't had a good look at your script, or this rclone thing..but you can use Drive's official API to reduce the config and any external dependencies...

check this out: https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/manage-uploads

also, this: https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/resumable-upload

I don't believe that...we still need a v2

Heh, yup, rclone makes use of their API - and if you have G-Suite account, you can make your own API's in an effort to reduce the amount of toll your account will take vs if you don't. But that is a bit of a hit and miss at the moment.

4 hours ago, MRBAER69 said:

we still need a v200 Moodkiller  HA HA HA HA

Lol, one day.

ani-me
2 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

Heh, yup, rclone makes use of their API - and if you have G-Suite account, you can make your own API's in an effort to reduce the amount of toll your account will take vs if you don't. But that is a bit of a hit and miss at the moment.

Somewhat unrelated...but the MEGA business is a new alternative to G-Suite, it's cheaper with unlimited storage or something...I don't remember the exact details..But if you are paying for your G-Suite, you can have a look...

Moodkiller
54 minutes ago, ani-me said:

Somewhat unrelated...but the MEGA business is a new alternative to G-Suite, it's cheaper with unlimited storage or something...I don't remember the exact details..But if you are paying for your G-Suite, you can have a look...

Hmm... sounds interesting. The shear thought of switching from G-Suite to something else makes me shudder. The amount of things that it's integrated with... 😟. Would be interested to know, especially seen as G-Suite is about to increase the monthly cost from next month.

Golumpa

The problem with Mega business is that according to the site you need 3 users minimum at €10 each. With Google drive it is €8 (currently) and while it says to have the unlimited storage you need 5 users, that's not the case. They don't actually limit the storage if you only have the 1 account. 

Moodkiller
8 hours ago, Golumpa said:

The problem with Mega business is that according to the site you need 3 users minimum at €10 each. With Google drive it is €8 (currently) and while it says to have the unlimited storage you need 5 users, that's not the case. They don't actually limit the storage if you only have the 1 account. 

Hah, lol! And I'm guessing that free users are still hurt by MEGA's download data caps? Also shhhh, that's a unofficial secret... and if it ever changes, I will blame 1) Linus seen as he made a public video about it and was like YOLO and 2) you 😛

• Haha 1

ani-me
17 hours ago, Golumpa said:

Oh...that I didn't know...I have never gone through either properly.. I might if and when I even decide to get one

9 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

Hah, lol! And I'm guessing that free users are still hurt by MEGA's download data caps? Also shhhh, that's a unofficial secret... and if it ever changes, I will blame 1) Linus seen as he made a public video about it and was like YOLO and 2) you 😛

I don't know, I never face issues with the transfer cap with either of them..

And yes Linus, that idiot..I was worried Google might fix it, but they didn't..

Moodkiller

On 3/18/2019 at 6:52 PM, ani-me said:

Oh...that I didn't know...I have never gone through either properly.. I might if and when I even decide to get one 

Clarification, are you going to get the MEGA Business plan or G-Suite?? IF big G ever does decide to nuke or set hard limits on storage space for the 1 out of 5 user setup, there are a few us (3 maybe 4) that will band together and get the one account with 5 users on it to qualify for the official unlimited storage space.

On 3/18/2019 at 6:52 PM, ani-me said:

I don't know, I never face issues with the transfer cap with either of them..

And yes Linus, that idiot..I was worried Google might fix it, but they didn't..

Phew, lucky. I've hit the MEGA one countless times, but never the gdrive download limit.

Lol... while I was watching it I was thinking "don't say it, don't say it... he said it. That's it. It's over". Then again maybe the fact that he did say it means Google got more business from it?? It's a catch 22 really.

ani-me
On 3/23/2019 at 3:18 AM, Moodkiller said:

Clarification, are you going to get the MEGA Business plan or G-Suite??

NO....never...at the very least ever for uploading anime...

IF big G ever does decide to nuke or set hard limits on storage space for the 1 out of 5 user setup, there are a few us (3 maybe 4) that will band together and get the one account with 5 users on it to qualify for the official unlimited storage space.

👍

yeah, there team's plan is really great..

Phew, lucky. I've hit the MEGA one countless times, but never the gdrive download limit.

Lol... while I was watching it I was thinking "don't say it, don't say it... he said it. That's it. It's over". Then again maybe the fact that he did say it means Google got more business from it?? It's a catch 22 really.

hahah... well, not sure if Google even cares...Besides, hardly anyone would have enough data to make a real impact on their data canters..

Bardon

.......I legit did not notice this guide existed until now.

plnemLh.gif

• Haha 1

ani-me

Hey, MK,

I never got around to testing this, but I was wondering, if it/rclone can be used to create multiple mirrors?

I am thinking of setting up a pipeline or something to automatically mirror stuff to more than 1 MEGA accounts, and maybe extend it to other services as well, when something free+good shows up.

I even had a look at MEGAcmd, it can do all that I want (create new accounts automatically, download, upload, mirror, manage accounts, etc), however, it is limited to only MEGA.

Any thoughts?

I wanna do so, so that even if a link is taken down, you don't have to manually fetch the stuff for HDDs and reup it, rather the application should do it automatically for you. Thus, always one of the mirror will be like the "Main Backup" mirror, that will be private, and the rest will be created as per the user's requirements and shared publicly..

Moodkiller
20 hours ago, ani-me said:

Hey, MK,

I never got around to testing this, but I was wondering, if it/rclone can be used to create multiple mirrors?

I am thinking of setting up a pipeline or something to automatically mirror stuff to more than 1 MEGA accounts, and maybe extend it to other services as well, when something free+good shows up.

I even had a look at MEGAcmd, it can do all that I want (create new accounts automatically, download, upload, mirror, manage accounts, etc), however, it is limited to only MEGA.

Any thoughts?

I wanna do so, so that even if a link is taken down, you don't have to manually fetch the stuff for HDDs and reup it, rather the application should do it automatically for you. Thus, always one of the mirror will be like the "Main Backup" mirror, that will be private, and the rest will be created as per the user's requirements and shared publicly..

o/

Yeah rclone definitely can be used mirror to multiple MEGA accounts. rclone accepts "--mega-user" and "--mega-pass" as arguments when uploading, so I'm thinking you could just have a very basic .bat script that will just cycle through variable defined usernames and password combinations after each successful upload.

If you are thinking of uploading to MEGA AND other hosts, then you can specify a specific config file with each rlcone command, which holds a "remote" connections settings. i.e first command in the .bat is:

"rclone --config /home/user/mk/gdrive.conf <upload commands here>

second command is

"rclone --config /home/user/mk/mega.conf <upload commands here>

as a very rough example...

I like the idea with finding the alternative link, you can list a remotes content with rclone (the .bat above does exactly that) so comparing what's on a specific remote/hosts would be easy enough.