Moodkiller

MPV Made Easy (Moodkiller Edition)

Moodkiller
MPV - Made Easy!
(Moodkiller Edition)

m57YoZk.pngXAqfrSWL.png

Synopsis: The MPC version for MPV. Seen as MPC is no long in active development (based from the original thread date), MPV is becoming, and should have become, your go to player. Below is the personal player configuration I use. Its a mixture of one of the stock standard gui releases with some userscripts that have been tweaked.  This is based as closely as possible on how MPC used to run in terms of shortcut keys and functionality. You should feel right at home, but up to date.

info

Feature List:

• Similar feel and behaviour to MPC-HC (shortcut keys and mouse buttons) :
    • a - Toggles audio track.
    • s - Toggles subtitle track.
    • Spacebar - Toggle pause.
    • Mouse right-click - Toggle pause.
    • Mouse side-buttons (if applicable) - Skip through chapter markers.
    • Left/Right arrow keys - Seek ~10 seconds forward/backwards
    • Up/Down arrow keys  & Mouse wheel - Increase/decrease volume by 5
    • Shift+S - Take screenshots (with subtitles).
    • Ctrl+o - Full-featured open file box.
    • Ctrl+g - Go to a specified timestamp.
  • Screen-shots are placed in the root videos directory under a new folder called "Screens".
  • Seek bar thumbnail preview.
  • Visualiser for audio tracks.
  • Remember video position of previous played file (video/audio).
  • Lightweight (no heavy filters or extra filters).
  • Adjusted OSC (On Screen Controller) have a smaller footprint and be more practical.
  • Play next sequential file in the current files folder.
  • YouTube link player (drag and drop only)
  • More as I remember them...

Installation:

One of the nicest features of MPV is that it requires no installation and can be run from its own folder (portable).

1. Clone or download this repo.
  2. Unzip to your desired location.
  3. Run updater.bat (this will download the latest MPV GUI build from the source stated below and youtube-dl if you pressed 'y' when prompted).
  4. Optional: Run installer/mpv-install.bat as administrator to set file associations.

Hexchat Integration:

Hexchats latest version (2.14.1) doesn't have any built in "now playing" plugins to use. And as of this version, the default MPC-HC "now-playing" script doesn't function. I have included a modified version of an MPV now playing script from github user, FichteFoll, in this pack. A prerequisite, Python 3.6 needs to be enabled/selected when you install Hexchat. If you have Hexchat already installed, no problem, just re-run the installer and choose Python 3.x from the Custom Installation screen (right at the bottom).

1. Right-click and copy the file 'mpv_np.py' (located in 'Hexchat plugin') from the downloaded pack.
  2. Press the Windows key+R and type '%APPDATA%\HexChat' and press enter.
  3. Paste the copied file into the 'addons' folder.
  4. In Hexchat go to Window > Plugins and Scripts > Load and browse to your addons folder where you pasted 'mpv_np.py'. Normally this is 'C:\Users\moodkiller\AppData\Roaming\HexChat\addons'
  5. You  should get confirmation to say the plugin has been loaded successfully.
  6. Type /mpv in any window while playing a file in MPV and it should spit out something like "*Moodkiller is playing: [MK] Kiznaiver - 01 [BD 1080p][Hi10][Dual-Audio][05856FFC].mkv ◘ 1.945 GiB ◘ [00:04:05 / 00:24:03] in mpv 0.28.0-437-g9efb0278e7" (with colour formatting).

Resources:

GUI build: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/

Collection of user scripts: https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

MPV properties page: https://mpv.io/manual/master/#synopsis

Thanks goes to all those involved for testing and their inputs for getting stuff running.

Feedback welcomed.

screens.png

GlXp12f.png

MphDKcp.png

nomUrXt.png

xB3cbkY.png

downloads

Github repository: MPV-Made-Easy

• Like 7

ani-me

I think I saw it on your website as well..!?

Moodkiller
On 3/10/2019 at 9:38 AM, ani-me said:

I think I saw it on your website as well..!?

Ha! Yeah, there is a link floating around there on a very much neglected page 😕

Been working on the template generator and a few other random bits and pieces. Still a lot I want to do with this player

• Window with menu's and such would be nice (real MPC feel).
  • GUI playlist manager with full functionality - drag 'n drop, sorting, auto add, saving to name a few.
  • Better text scaling depending on player window size.
  • Confused 1

ani-me
5 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

Been working on the template generator and a few other random bits and pieces. Still a lot I want to do with this player

• GUI playlist manager with full functionality - drag 'n drop, sorting, auto add, saving to name a few.

Ok, so you are developing this?

Sorry, didn't actually read either post..

Moodkiller
Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2019 at 6:23 PM, ani-me said:

That's okay. Hmm yes and no. Essentially I'm looking to see what is out there already in terms of user scripts or pre made stuff and then adding it all together with a few tweaks of things I don't like or want to improve. Ultimate goal is to make it as close to MPC as possible. was just curious to see how hard it would be. I believe Golumpa was going to tackle it at some point when he had some spare time.

EDIT: Got my conversations confused, thought this had to do with something else, updated reply accordingly. @ani-me

Edited by Moodkiller
  • Haha 1

LastReaction
On 3/17/2019 at 7:23 PM, Moodkiller said:

On 3/18/2019 at 1:23 AM, ani-me said:

1 hour ago, Moodkiller said:

That's okay. Hmm not really - was just curious to see how hard it would be. I believe Golumpa was going to tackle it at some point when he had some spare time.

It was brought to my attention fairly recently that something like what you're looking for kind of already exists, @Moodkillerhttps://www.smplayer.info/

From Wikipedia: "SMPlayer is a cross-platform graphical front-end for MPlayer and forks of Mplayer using GUI widgets offered by Qt."

• Thanks 1

Moodkiller
1 hour ago, LastReaction said:

It was brought to my attention fairly recently that something like what you're looking for kind of already exists, @Moodkillerhttps://www.smplayer.info/

From Wikipedia: "SMPlayer is a cross-platform graphical front-end for MPlayer and forks of Mplayer using GUI widgets offered by Qt."

Yeah, knew about SMPlayer as it was a "source" (inspiration) for this edition. There is also this beast as well which is highly customisable: https://github.com/422658476/MPV-EASY-Player

Another "goal" was to keep it as light weight as possible, i.e a simple GUI for MPV. I feel that SMPlayer is very feature rich which some will like and some won't. We will see how this goes but yeah, nothing wrong with any of the other versions out there really.

I guess I should have called mine YAMPV (Yet Another MPV).

• Haha 2

pixxelherz

I feel deja-vu coming on liking all your content here...

• Haha 2