Moodkiller

MPV Made Easy (Moodkiller Edition)

ARMs
Posted (edited)

That looks like it fixed the problem.  So its my gpu after all.  Guess I should upgrade at some point.  This was serving me well for what I use a PC for.

Edit:  Now that the issues are resolved, I went back and downloaded the earlier version of mpv that another poster posted as a test and I have no issues at all with your scripts and plugins in its original downloaded state.  Everything so far seems to just work.

Edited by ARMs

LastReaction

@Moodkiller it looks like mpv_thumbnail_script is spitting out errors. It works perfectly fine when you first open a video file in mpv, but once that video ends and it loads the next video in a folder, it fails to create thumbnails. It doesn't break the OSD though which is good. For some reason, the script can't detect the file duration of the video when the file is auto-loaded. Really strange... I guess I'll disable those scripts for now since they're not working 100% correctly.

Here's the error log:

Spoiler
[  12.009][d][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_1] Starting work on thumbnail 64 
[  12.009][d][mpv_thumbnail_script_server] Handling given job 
[  12.009][v][mkv] All headers are parsed!
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_2] 
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_2] stack traceback:
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_2] 	...gram Files/mpv/scripts/mpv_thumbnail_script_server-2.lua:705: in function 'handler'
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_2] 	mp.defaults:339: in function 'handler'
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_2] 	mp.defaults:459: in function 'call_event_handlers'
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_2] 	mp.defaults:493: in function 'dispatch_events'
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_2] 	mp.defaults:452: in function <mp.defaults:451>
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_2] 	[C]: at 0x002a0a10
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_2] 	[C]: at 0x002a0040
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_1] 
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_1] stack traceback:
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_1] 	...gram Files/mpv/scripts/mpv_thumbnail_script_server-1.lua:705: in function 'handler'
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_1] 	mp.defaults:339: in function 'handler'
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_1] 	mp.defaults:459: in function 'call_event_handlers'
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_1] 	mp.defaults:493: in function 'dispatch_events'
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_1] 	mp.defaults:452: in function <mp.defaults:451>
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_1] 	[C]: at 0x002a0a10
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_1] 	[C]: at 0x002a0040
[  12.009][d][mpv_thumbnail_script_server] Generating 50 thumbnails @ 300x168 for "E:\\Anime\\Kimetsu no Yaiba\\[Kaleido-Flax] Kimetsu no Yaiba - 06 (WEB 1080p) [1FE7D969].mkv" 
[  12.009][f][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_2] Lua error: ...gram Files/mpv/scripts/mpv_thumbnail_script_server-2.lua:628: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'file_duration' (a nil value)
[  12.009][d][mpv_thumbnail_script_server] Starting work on thumbnail 128 
[  12.009][f][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_1] Lua error: ...gram Files/mpv/scripts/mpv_thumbnail_script_server-1.lua:628: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'file_duration' (a nil value)
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server] 
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server] stack traceback:
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server] 	...rogram Files/mpv/scripts/mpv_thumbnail_script_server.lua:705: in function 'handler'
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server] 	mp.defaults:339: in function 'handler'
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server] 	mp.defaults:459: in function 'call_event_handlers'
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server] 	mp.defaults:493: in function 'dispatch_events'
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server] 	mp.defaults:452: in function <mp.defaults:451>
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server] 	[C]: at 0x002a0a10
[  12.009][w][mpv_thumbnail_script_server] 	[C]: at 0x002a0040
[  12.009][f][mpv_thumbnail_script_server] Lua error: ...rogram Files/mpv/scripts/mpv_thumbnail_script_server.lua:628: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'file_duration' (a nil value)
[  12.009][v][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_2] Exiting...
[  12.009][v][demux] Detected file format: Matroska
[  12.009][v][mpv_thumbnail_script_server_1] Exiting...

SSJLuffy

Been watching Yu Yu Hakusho lately and for some reason when the episode ends it doesn't play the next one in the playlist but instead plays a random episode as if its on shuffle or something, could that be because of Ordered Chapters? Also on a release of One Piece the subtitles are ULTRA big and take up half the screen. I don't have these problems with SMPlayer but I like mpv because of the drag and drop. Kinda weird lol

SpoonyBard
12 minutes ago, SSJLuffy said:

Been watching Yu Yu Hakusho lately and for some reason when the episode ends it doesn't play the next one in the playlist but instead plays a random episode as if its on shuffle or something, could that be because of Ordered Chapters? Also on a release of One Piece the subtitles are ULTRA big and take up half the screen. I don't have these problems with SMPlayer but I like mpv because of the drag and drop. Kinda weird lol

Probably is OC related.

As for the subtitles, that's probably because whoever did the release didn't properly sample them (like using 1080p subs on 720p video or 480p subs on 1080p video), so mpv is displaying it correctly, while SMPlayer isn't, unfortunately displaying them correctly has the side-effect of showcasing such issues. Had the same issue in the past where MPC-HC with the internal subtitle renderer would resize improperly sampled subtitles so that it "hides" the issue, while the other subtitle renderer that everyone suggests to use with MPC-HC would render the subtitles as suggested in the subtitle file sample size as it should.

SSJLuffy
14 hours ago, SpoonyBard said:

Probably is OC related.

As for the subtitles, that's probably because whoever did the release didn't properly sample them (like using 1080p subs on 720p video or 480p subs on 1080p video), so mpv is displaying it correctly, while SMPlayer isn't, unfortunately displaying them correctly has the side-effect of showcasing such issues. Had the same issue in the past where MPC-HC with the internal subtitle renderer would resize improperly sampled subtitles so that it "hides" the issue, while the other subtitle renderer that everyone suggests to use with MPC-HC would render the subtitles as suggested in the subtitle file sample size as it should.

It's weird because I only started having problems with YYH since I updated to the newest build. 

Thanks for the rundown on what you think the issue is, any ideas on easy fixes? 

manc4life

Mpv doesn't play next sequential file in the current files folder what could be the issue?

This only happens when i open the file from "Open file box" and not when i open the file directly from the folder.

edit: I just read through some earlier comments reagrding the same and the manual load playlist seems to work i remeber using the same from when this was posted at kametsu it did not have this issue.

Edited by manc4life